A multipurpose, portable, and affordable MIG cum flux core welder is quite tricky to find. Luckily, that’s not the case with the Goplus MIG 130 welder. It’s genuinely a solid welder that can meet all your needs while taking a minimum space at your home.
This Goplus MIG 130 welder review will describe more about this powerhouse. It comes with adequate power to handle light steel welding and auto-body projects. This welder has more features that make it a handy tool for home use.
- 【Household Smart Welder】compact and exquisite MIG gas welder, made of heavy duty stainless steel body, painted with durable yellow paints, ensure its long-last serving life-span.
- 【Flux-Cored Wire, No Gas Welder】uses convenient Flux-Cored wire, self release metal-inert gas while welding, prevent oxidation of the welded part.
- 【4 Levels Adjustable Welding Speed】features 4 levels of current flow settings, by adjusting the 4 buttons for MIN/MAX,1/2. Also features a wire feeding speed adjust rotary knob. 10 levels of wire feeding speeds for your choice.
- 【Portable Design & Wide Applications】it is perfect for welding normal thin steel and iron, perfect for home DIY and general repairing work. Mini size but also practical, it will obtain a professional finish in welding. Features a easy carrying handle, light weight, compact design, easy for translation and storage. Very convenient, can be used anywhere u need.
- 【Many Complimentary Necessities】two air-vent on the machine to help heat dissipation. The welding gun with full on / off safety control. Standard American triangle ground cord and automatic thermal safety protection. Comes with a reel of 0.9mm, 0.55lbs welding wire, a protection mask and a brush/Chipping Hammer.
Highlights of Goplus MIG Flux Core 130 Welder
Let’s take a closer look at the features and highlights of this smart household welder.
One of the first things we must include is its versatility. The Goplus 130 is not only a MIG welder but a flux-core welder as well. For flux-core welding, it operates gasless, so you don’t have to spend many bucks on gas. This welder actually releases metal-inert gas, which guards the weld area against oxidation.
The Goplus MIG 130 offers four heat settings to choose from. Four heat settings are gradually Min 1<Min 2<Max 1<Max 2. It allows you to choose according to your project’s needs.
For deeper and powerful weld, you need to choose higher heat settings along with corresponding speed. This feature is so useful for welding several types of projects.
Coming up next, The Goplus 130 operates on 110V with a maximum power output of 105amps. It’s good enough for most home projects and workshop jobs. Though this voltage is not suitable for welding thicker metals, it does more than the price.
Wide Feed Speed Control
With wide feed speed control, this welder provides more welding choices. It has almost ten levels of wire-feed speed that gives more options. The higher speed offers a deeper hole for the more powerful weld.
You can combine the speed with heat settings for working on a variety of jobs. For example, to weld 1/8″ thick sheet, set the heat at Max1 and wire-speed 6.5. Now see the magic!
Also, to weld 1/4″ thick materials, choose heat Max 2 and wire-speed 8. You will get better tips on selecting the heat and speed combinations from the professionals. All in all, you can weld different thicknesses of sheets.
Thermal Overload Protection
Like most high-quality welders, the Goplus 130 features thermal overload protection. It turns off the machine automatically when forgot to do it. This welder can save you from many life hazards by doing so.
Extended Power Cord
Only the beginners know the importance of an extended power cord. This model comes with a 72.5″ long power cord. Now you can work without hanging beside the power cords.
Unlike many other MIG welders, this welder comes with a built-in torch along with an on-off switch. You can use it whenever needed. With the torch, you may want to work in darker conditions.
The Goplus 130 is made with heavy-duty stainless steel that makes it durable and lightweight as well. This welder is only 35lbs, which means it is one of the lightest welders on the market today.
Along with the compact size and lightweight, this welder includes a large handle on top. This handle makes it easy to carry from job sites to job sites.
What Else It Comes With?
- Welding wire
- Weld mask
- Wire brush
- Metal tip
- Ground cord
What We Liked
- Multipurpose welder with MIG and Flux-core ability
- Range of heat and speed settings for customization
- Lightest and portable welder
- Solid built-quality
- Extended power cord
- Safe to use
What We Didn’t Like
- No battery included only AC
- Not very powerful
- The welder’s breaker is claimed to stumble
Who Should Buy This?
The Goplus MIG 130 welder is only recommended for beginners and hobbyists welders. Also, this one is the best option for those who don’t want to spend a lot of money. It can hardly handle heavy-duty projects.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the suitable wire size for Goplus 130 welder?
The Goplus 130 works best with the 0.030
Can Goplus 130 weld 1” square tubing?
It hardly can. For that, you may need lots of surface preparation to get a better bead. That's because it doesn't have enough power to remove dirt, grime, and all.
How to transform Goplus 130 to a professional one?
The Goplus 130 is not suitable for professional use, but you can convert it to a professional one. Here is how;
- At first, remove the tip from the gun and replace it with a 30-sized tip.
- Make sure to use 30-sized wire with the included flux wire.
- Change the clamp with a heavy brass clip.
- Finally, buy professional gloves and helmets.
Finally, we are at the end of our Goplus MIG 130 welder review. The Goplus 130 MIG welder can surely fulfill your needs for home and DIY projects. It may not provide the power needed for industrial and heavy-duty applications. But what you get is worthwhile for the money!