Any aspiring DIY or professional welder will like to have a LOTOS welder in their arsenal. Why not? Lotos is one of the top manufacturers in the market, especially for a MIG welder.
This LOTOS MIG 175 welder review will show you why this is one of the best MIG welders. From argon protecting system to roll feed capability, this solid welder includes some unique features needed for welding.
This welder also got lots of positive reviews from its users. That is why we choose this MIG welder for you. Make sure to read the review; you won’t regret buying LOTOS MIG 175 welder.
- ★ Aluminum Wire Feeder--The durable high quality aluminum wire feeder offers a much more stable and better welding experience. ★Multi Use--Welding stainless steel, mild steel, aluminum (with a spool gun, already include in the package, no need to purchase separate) and other metal materials. ★Reliable and Durable-- Its transformer technology has been proven to be reliable and durable.
- ★Spool Gun Include-- High-speed MIG spool gun for aluminum welding, 10 feet 4 inches long, 4-prong end connection, 1lb aluminum wire with dia. 0. 9 millimeter included. Can welder 3/16" or thinner aluminum plate.
- ★ BUY WITH CONFIDENCE: We offer 30 days refund and a 3-YEARS Limited Warranty: include 1 Year NEW Replacement Warranty. ★ US BASED CUSTOMER CARE & SUPPORT TEAM: please feel free to contact us by phone or email, we always stand Back on Our Products. Please submit the registration form on our website.
- ★Rated Output--175-amp MIG welder; mild/stainless steel: 18 Gauge – 1/4"; Aluminum: 3/16" or Thinner. Input voltage: 220/240V AC. ★Wire Range: . 025"-. 030" (0. 6-0. 8mm) Solid Steel; . 030"-. 035" (0. 8-0. 9mm) Flux Cored.
- ★What’s Include--MIG torch, Aluminum Spool Gun, Ground Clamp Cable, Gas Hose, Argon Regulator, . 023” (0. 6mm) & . 035” (0. 9mm) Contact Tips, Welding Mask and Wire. Wire range: 0. 025 in. - 0. 030 inches
Highlights Of Lotos MIG 175 Welder
LOTOS MIG 175 has everything you need out of the box. Let’s find out what you’ll be getting.
Spool Gun for Welding Aluminum
Where other MIG welders can use only weld metals, Lotos MIG 175 can weld aluminum with ease. Thanks to its high-speed MIG spool gun. You don’t have to buy it individually for welding aluminum.
It comes with 0.9mm aluminum wire, weighing 1lbs and 10.4 ft. Long. With the help of a spool gun, you can weld aluminum of 3/16” or thinner and 18-gauge mild at ¼”.
Flux-core and Aluminum Gas Shielding
The LOTOS MIG 175 includes flux-cored wires, which are also known as Innershield wires. It depends on the gases that are produced from chemical reactions. The unit also provides a slag system to protect the molten metal from oxygen and water vapor.
The Lotos MIG 175 welder features transformer technology that lets you change the secondary voltage of the welder. This technology makes the unit consistent and durable.
It also has macro adjustments in welding currents that allows connecting the unit in any 220V wall outlet. The setup is more accessible, which takes less than 10 minutes.
In the hundred years of carbon ARC system, DC ARC welding has become popular now. It’s a standard welding system that never fails. Lotos MIG 175 welder has come with such DC arc welding. It makes the machine more durable and reliable.
High Output Range
The LOTOS MIG 175 comes with a high range of output from 135A to 175A. It offers a better duty cycle at both ranges, including 20% at 175A and 30% at 135A. This duty cycle provides the best performance in heavy industrial work.
Easy and Quick Setup
Another essential feature here is the welder’s ease of use and out of the box setup. Lotos MIG 175 keeps it simple and runs at about 10 minutes. You can connect it to any conventional 220V wall outlet, and it is ready to go.
Versatile and Reliable
The LOTOS MIG 175 is one of the most versatile MIG weldings in the market. With 175 amperes, it can operate on the voltage between 200V and 240V. Besides, it works efficiently on a variety of metals, including mild, stainless steel, aluminum, and other metals.
This dual-frequency design features an overload protection system. The system is resettable, and the machine will not be overloaded. Thus, it boosts the welder’s lifetime.
This premium-quality welder weighs only 85 pounds. You can move it from booth to booth for ease. The welder also fits into enclosed spaces. It is easy to move into and out from there. Due to its lightweight, the unit is a favorite among those who need to move from Jobsite to Jobsite.
What Else It Comes With?
- MIG torch
- Aluminum spool gun
- Ground clamp cable
- Gas hose
- Argon regulator
- Contact tips (.023” and .035”)
- Welding mask and wire
- Solid wires
- Cleaning brush
What We Liked
- Heavy-duty MIG welder
- Comes with an ARC system
- Spool gun included for aluminum welding
- More durable than others
- Easy to connect
- High range of output
- Suitable for all types of welding
- Easy and quick setup
- Perfect for mild fabrication works
- Comes with everything
What We Didn’t Like
- Included wires are thin
- Drive motor sounds loud
Who Should Buy This?
If you are looking for an affordable yet industrial-quality welder, you should buy this LOTOS MIG 175 welder. This welder is designed for aluminum, stainless, and steel projects. It is also suitable for professional welder or weekend enthusiast.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can LOTOS MIG 175 be used without using gas?
Yes, you can. You have to use the wire with its flux core to get a better result.
Can LOTOS MIG 175 handle 440 Steel?
Yes, it can handle stainless and mild steel with ease. But, with 440 steel, you’ll be pushing the envelope quite far.
Does LOTOS MIG 175 works on 110V?
No. The unit only works on 220 or 240V.
All in all, LOTOS MIG 175 welder is best for massive industrial projects. Since it comes with everything needed for welding, both beginner and professional welder found this helpful. We hope this LOTOS MIG 175 welder review was helpful.
Other Lotos Welder: